Mahindra New Age XUV500 now on Sale in 6 speed Manual in Australia
Mahindra Automotive Australia Pty LTD (MAAPL), announces the 7 seat New Age XUV500 medium SUV is now on sale across its dealer network in 35 locations in Australia. Packed with a host of cutting-edge technology features, bold new exterior styling, plush and premium new interior, exhilarating performance and safety features, the New Age XUV 500 has been designed for a whole new experience. The vehicle is available now in Australia in W8 Variants on a monocoque chassis in 2WD and AWD with 6 speed manual transmission.
- W8 2WD 6 Speed Manual $29,900 Driveway
- W8 AWD 6 Speed Manual $32,900 Driveway
The New Age XUV500 sports a sculpted exterior including a distinctive new front grille with chrome inserts, new static bending headlamps with stylish light guides, unique fog lamps with chrome bezel, premium chrome window lining, stylish new 43cm (17inch) alloy wheels and rear chrome appliqué. An 18cm (7inch) touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, premium new black interior, plush leather seats feature in W8, amongst other additions further redefines the premium feel.
Launched in Australia in 2012, the XUV500 has created a niche for itself with its head-turning style, performance, safety and comfort, thereby providing a complete driving experience to customers. The New Age XUV500 is all set to take this to newer heights.
Six speed Automatic variants will be launched in May 2016, with final specification and pricing details available at that time.
FEATURES OF THE NEW AGE XUV500
All New Contemporary, Bold Exterior Styling
One glance at the New Age XUV500 and its captivating, cheetah-inspired styling breaks the mould of the ordinary. Upfront, the new static-bending projection headlamps with light guides embrace the bold and intimidating new stylish front grille. This is further enhanced with sleek chrome accents and stylish new alloy wheels, resulting in a new look for the XUV500. But one thing has stayed the same, its enthralling and majestic presence on the road.
All new look for the New Age XUV500:
- Stylish New Front Grille with Chrome Inserts
- Static Bending Projector Headlamps with Stylish Light Guides
- Muscular Bonnet
- Muscular Bumper
- Fog Lamps with Chrome Bezel
- Alloy Wheels
- Chrome Window Lining
- New “tear duct-like” black accents
- Paw-styled Door Handles
- Rear Chrome Appliqué
- Muscular Wheel Arches
- Hi-tech Features
Packed with advanced features mentioned below make the New Age XUV500 a truly impressive package for the Australian market.
New, hi-tech New Age XUV500:
- New 7″ Touchscreen Infotainment with GPS Navigation, USB Audio/Video/Picture Viewer, Bluetooth, iPod Connectivity, AUX Input
- High-tech Reverse Parking Camera with Dynamic Assist
- New Voice Messaging System
- Mahindra BLUE SENSE® Technology to control the music system using your mobile
- Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC)
- Micro Hybrid Technology
- Tyre-Tronics (Tyre Pressure & Temperature Monitoring System)
- Driver Information System
- Smart Rain and Light Sensors
- Cruise Control
Plush New Interiors:
With its premium, new interior, black leather seats and best-in-class 2nd row space, the cabin of the XUV500 redefines luxury.
More luxury for the New Age XUV500:
- Premium New Black Interior
- Plush Leather Seats
- Twin-pod Cluster with New Icy Blue Theme & Icy Blue Lounge Lighting
- Sporty Aluminum Pedals
- New illuminated Scuff Plates
- Dual HVAC
- Power-adjustable and foldable ORVMs (Outside Rear Vision Mirrors)
Ride and Handling & Performance
Beneath the hood of the New Age XUV500 is its improved dynamic torque which delivers driving pleasure on any terrain. It is powered by the turbocharged 2.2 litre 103 kW (140bhp) m-Hawk engine that delivers an impressive 330 Nm of torque, allowing the XUV500 to surge from 0-60 kmph in just 5.4 seconds. Further, the micro hybrid technology guarantees that it intelligently switches off the engine when not required.
Besides its splendid performance, it is extremely fuel efficient and gives a mileage of 6.7* litres per 100 km (*ADR 81/02). Combined with the vehicles 74 litre tank, this gives impressive range between tank fills. The sporty suspension of the XUV500 offers a lot of room for fun thanks to the McPherson struts up front and the independent multilink suspension in the rear.
A secure drive for the New Age XUV500:
- 6 Airbags – 2 front airbags, 2 side airbags and 2 curtain airbags
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation – Series 9 from Bosch
- Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control
- ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Disc brakes on all 4 wheels
- Crash protection crumple zones
- Side impact beams
Awards and Accolades
The XUV500 has received a tremendous response from customers and reviewers alike and was the most awarded car in India with 22 awards in its first year after launch, and 29 awards till date, from auto experts aside from numerous other accolades. The XUV500 has notched up prestigious wins in the Indian Rally Championship (IRC) 2014 and in the ‘Extreme’ category of rally-raid events such as the Desert Storm and Dakshin Dare. The XUV500 is the first ever diesel powered vehicle to win podiums in the Indian motorsport circuit, beating 54 competitors in the Desert Storm 2014.