Mahindra Adventure announces adrenaline pumping Season 3
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, today, unveiled the Mahindra Adventure Calendar for Season 3. A unique concept to showcase the tough and rugged DNA of Mahindra vehicles, Mahindra Adventure functions as an umbrella brand with a series of adventure and motorsport events under it.
Mahindra Adventure continues to unleash its spirit of adventure through a series of events spread across the year;
- Popular off-road event – The Great Escape, where one can test the endurance of Mahindra’s 4×4 strength on diverse terrain. In addition to seven existing locations, three new locations (Shillong, Hyderabad and Ooty) have been added in Season 3.
- Multi-Day expeditions, such as the Monastery Escape (10 days) & Royal Escape (six days), Tri- Nation Escape (Bhutan, India & Nepal- 14 days) & Authentic Goa (four days). These multi-day escapes celebrate incredible India and the sub-continent by traversing exotic and unexplored locations, thereby bringing the concept of ‘Adventure/Driving Experience’ to a larger audience.
- Mahindra Challenges like the Spice Challenge (four days) & Monsoon Challenge (four days), are TSD (Time Speed Distance) rallies keeping in mind the company’s promise of providing adrenaline pumping challenges.
Further, in a first of its kind initiative Mahindra Adventure has also announced the launch of the Mahindra Adventure Challenge (MAC) – Intercontinental 2013. This year Mahindra Adventure has taken a quantum leap to take the MAC platform to the next level by extending its international presence and traversing across all continents. In this initiative, eight leading automobile magazines will get a chance to explore eight destinations in Italy, Chile, Australia, Spain, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Nepal and South Korea, using a Mahindra vehicle.
Mahindra Adventure Off-Road Training Academy
To leverage Mahindra’s off-road heritage, team Adventure has recently launched the Mahindra Off-road Training Academy. This 28-acre training centre at Igatpuri is India’s first dedicated facility providing a one stop solution to learning every detailed aspect of off-road driving. Training slots can be booked online at http://www.mahindraadventure.com. The courses offered will showcase automotive technology as well as give the participants the confidence in exploring the limits of Mahindra vehicles. Customised Mahindra Thar 4x4s equipped with radio sets are being used as training vehicles at the facility. The academy provides three courses:
- Basic (Getting Dirty)
- Intermediate (Trail Survivor)
- Expert (Global Explorer)
Depending on the course selected, the participants can learn the various nuances of:
- 4WD theory (part-time 4WD/full-time 4WD)
- Components of a 4WD system
- Off-roading do’s and don’ts
- Use of off-road equipment
- Terrain-specific driving techniques
- Emergency repairs
Team Mahindra Adventure continues to dominate the motorsport arena with its maiden entry into INRC 2013 in the South India Rally. It is the first ever manufacturing company-led entry into the INRC in India. With a splendid INSUVRC (Indian National SUV Rally Championship) class win at the South India Rally, the team is ready for other rounds of INRC and India’s popular rally/raid events including the Raid de Himalaya and Desert Storm. The team, represented by top national rally drivers – Gaurav Gill, Sunny Sidhu and Lohit Urs, stunned the competition by emerging quickest amongst all categories at its INRC debut.
Speaking on the occasion, Vivek Nayer, Chief Marketing Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “After the successful run of Mahindra Adventure Season 2, we are all geared to unleash a series of Adventure initiatives throughout the year that promise even more thrills for the adventure seekers. Having covered 3 countries in the previous season, Mahindra Adventure is now ready to extend its global footprints as it takes on all 5 continents in the first of its kind Mahindra Adventure Challenge – Intercontinental 2013. We are confident that the tough and rugged Mahindra DNA will ensure that our vehicles come through with flying colours as they traverse varied terrain across the continents.”
Mr. Nayer further added, “We are also happy to announce the launch of the Mahindra Off-Road Training Academy, India’s first dedicated facility, to provide a one stop solution to learning every aspect of offroading with a Mahindra 4WD. We are sure that this facility will find good traction in the changing aspirations and lifestyles of the upwardly mobile Indian consumer.”
For more information please visit www.mahindraadventure.com